Mon – Fri 5pm- 9pm
Reception:+44 (0)1274 488593
IT Support (Text Only): +44 (0)7730349782
Student Important Announcements
Student Zoom Login Instructions
Assalaamu alaikum Warahmatullah wa barakatuhu Dear respected student.
Humble reminder when entering your Zoom class lesson please make sure you enter with your application full name, so the teacher can identify you and do the class registration more efficiently.
Here is a sample below:
*Meeting ID and Passcode are sample*
1. Download Zoom app on to mobile device or Laptop
2. Enter: Meeting ID: 5609725627 – (Enter Teacher Meeting ID)
3. Enter: Passcode: jkn – (Enter Teacher Passcode)
4. Enter: Your Name: Hassan Ali – London (Enter Student Name + Location)
*Please note your teacher will not grant access to the Zoom Lesson with other names such as iphone, samsung etc as they will not be able to identify you.
5. Connect with wifi
6. Disable Audio and Video icons.
If you require further support, please contact IT Support.
Online Islamic Courses for Males & Females
1. Online Islamic Foundation (English) – 2 Years ( Sanatain Course – Certificate Awarded after 2 Years)
Days: Monday, Wednesday & Friday
Time (UK GMT): 7:15pm -9:30pm
The Online Islamic Foundation is a two years course for those who are learning about Islam for the first time or those who wish to gain more knowledge of the basics of Islam. The two-years course is designed to teach the essential of Islam and what is demanded of us as Muslims to fulfil our obligations to our Creator and wider society.
2. Alimiyyah Foundation (English) 2 Years
Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday
Time: 6:30pm – 9:30pm
The first two years of the Alimiyyah Programme (Foundation) have been developed to provide students with the fundamentals of the majority of the sciences they require to be able to tackle advanced and academically demanding classical texts. These two years focus mainly on the competencies of the students to be able to translate and understand Arabic text from challenging books and to gain a holistic understanding of Qu’ran, theology, hadith, Islamic law, Arabic Language and logic.
3. Alimiyyah Advanced (English) 2 Years
Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday
Time: 6:30pm – 10:15pm
The last two years of the Alimiyyah Programme (Advanced) have been developed to provide students with the fundamentals they require to be able to study advanced text. The course ensures a well-advanced grounding in Islamic knowledge.
JKN Institute Exams and Holidays
NOTE: YOU MUST BOOK ALL FAMILY HOLIDAYS DURING THE MADRASAH HOLIDAY TIMES. NO STUDENT MUST BOOK ANY HOLIDAYS DURING TERM TIMES OR DURING THE EXAMINATION PERIOD.
|BEGIN||END||NUMBER OF WEEKS|
|FRI 22ND OCTOBER||MON 1ST NOVEMBER||1 WEEK|
|FRI 17th DECEMBER||MON 3RD JANUARY 2022||2 WEEKS|
|FRI 18TH FEBRUARY||MON 28TH FEBRUARY||1 WEEK|
|FRI 15TH APRIL||MON 9TH MAY||3 WEEKS (RAMADHAN)|
|FRI 8TH JULY||MON 18TH JULY||1 WEEK|
|FRI 5TH AUGUST||MON 5TH SEPTEMBER||4 WEEKS|
|NEW ACADEMIC||MON 5TH SEPTEMBER||12 WEEKS HOLIDAYS|
|MID YEAR||MON 14TH FEBRUARY 2022||FRI 18TH FEBRUARY 2022|
|ANNUAL||MON 25th JULY 2022||THU 4TH AUGUST 2022|
Students are required to have the following books for their studies.
They can be purchased from Al Mu’min Bookshop, 118 Manningham Lane, Bradford, BD8 7JF.
Islamic Foundation Year 1-2:
1. Nūrānī Qā’idah, Shaykh Nur Muhammad
2. How well do you know Islām, Mufti Saiful Islam
3. Hadīth for beginners, Mufti Saiful Islam
4. Du’ā for beginners, Mufti Saiful Islam
5. A Day with the Prophet, Mufti Saiful Islam
6. Arabic Grammar for beginners, Mufti Saiful Islam
7. Arabic Morphology for beginners, Mufti Saiful Islam
8. Durūs al-Lughah (vol. 1), Dr. V. Abdur Rahim
9. Five Pillars, Mufti Saiful Islam
10. Faith First, Mufti Saiful Islam
Alimiyyah Foundation (English) Year 3
1. Durūs al-Lughah (vol. 3), Dr. V. Abdur Rahim
2. Qasas an-Nabiyyīn (part 2-3), Shaykh Abul Hasan Ali Nadwi
3. Mukhtasar al-Qudūrī (Arabic only), Imam Abul Husain Ahmed al-Quduri
4. Riyādh as-Sālihīn (Arabic only), Imam Nawawi
5. Bayādhī (plain) Qur’ān
6. Hans Wehr Dictionary
Alimiyyah Advanced (English) YEAR 6
1. Sahih al-Bukhari
2. Sahih Muslim
3. Sunan an-Nasai
4. Sunan Abi Dawud
5. Sunan at-Tirmidhi
6. Sunan Ibn Majah
Code of Conduct for LIVE Online Communication
This code of conduct addresses live online interactions between students and their teachers, students and also governs individual actions.
Teachers and students have a shared responsibility to establish and maintain a positive and supportive online learning environment and therefore must:
- treat any audio or video call as a live lesson environment with the same expectations of appropriate behaviour and interaction as in madrasah;
- ensure that all communications using JKN Institute forums relate only to the course of study just as in madrasah;
- be polite and courteous in all communication, whether written or spoken, threatening, obscene or disrespectful language or images, posting or uploading anything inappropriate, off-topic, offensive, abusive or illegal to forums will be addressed in line with JKN Institute disciplinary policies;
- treat all participants with respect;
- be on time for all virtual classes;
- turn off or silence mobile phones during live interactions;
- dress appropriately, as if attending JKN Institute.
- choose an appropriate dedicated place for your studies.
- When streaming video via Zoom make sure your background is not distracting.
Students also agree:
- to inform their teacher in advance if they are unable to attend;
- to address all teachers respectfully. They are to use the appropriate title (Ustad, Ustadji, Mufti Sahib, Maulana Sahib, Apa). No other form of address is acceptable;
- to show a positive commitment to your own development and learning.
- to show respect for other learners’ development.
- to mute their microphone unless they want to speak and use the ‘raise hand’ feature until called on by the teacher (this may not be necessary for small classes, but improves the quality of communication for larger groups)
- to share any concerns about another student with their teacher, and let their tutor know immediately if they feel unsafe in a virtual classroom;
- not to screenshot participants or record any meetings without the prior agreement of the teacher. Please note that all members of a meeting are automatically notified of any recording and the recording is automatically shared with all participants;
- not to share via social media, or with anyone other than class members, any recording provided by the teacher.
Teachers also agree:
- to continue to provide all lesson materials.
- to maintain a record of student absence;
- to report anything of concern to the principal in line with standard JKN Institute procedures;
Updated March 2021
Online Class Etiquette and Guideline
- Classes via Zoom are compulsory, and attendance will be registered.
- We urge the parents to ensure that the students are ready before each session starts.
- Students should have their required books and stationery on hand.
- Students should be in the state of wudhu.
- Students should be dressed in the JKN uniform.
Male: White jubba/ qamis / white topi. A sweater or waist jacket may be worn over the jubba / qamis. Hair should be kept at one length.
Female: Black plain jilbab (burqa) with black hijab.
- Parents with young children (12-16 years old) are required to monitor their child/ren during the startup of each session.
- The principal has full right to enter Zoom class at any time to monitor the behaviour of the class.
- All students will have access to their Zoom sessions through their Madrasah provided password.
- To access the Zoom sessions, Meeting ID and password are needed. These will only be shared with the respective students of that class.
- Where & when possible, parents have been advised to keep computers, laptops in parts of the house where their children can be monitored to an extent. This will help reduce the risks of children surfing the web or playing games during ‘lesson’ times etc
- The Madrasah will ensure the host (teacher) is in control of who can control the screen, save the video/chat content.
- The teachers will mute and unmute all participants, including the camera if and when required.
- Parents or students are NOT allowed to share the password, any video or picture of the Zoom session with anyone.
- If you have any concern, please contact Admin via email firstname.lastname@example.org or if an emergency, JKN Institute telephone number.
JKN Institute Enrolment Procedures
1. All new applicants must pay £50 admission fee when submitting the online application form.
2. Ensure all details are completed accurately when submitting the application form.
3. Application form and admission fee must be submitted online.
4. The applicant/guardian must ensure they keep up to date with termly fees. Details of the termly fees will be provided on the day of admission.
5. Each candidate will be assessed before enrolling in the course. This will determine your suitability for the course.
6.The final deadline of enrolment will be the end of the first term of the new academic year. NO NEW ADMISSION WILL BE ACCEPTED THEREAFTER.
7. The termly fee and admission fee paid will be non-refundable.
8. Any student no longer willing to continue with their studies and want to cancel their enrolment must email email@example.com
9. AL-MUMIN BOOKSHOP DOES NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY OF COLLECTING TERMLY FEES. ALL TERMLY FEES ARE PAID ONLINE VIA BANK TRANSFER / PAYPAL / ONLINE PAYMENT.
A short guide for Parents and Students Classes will be conducted using Zoom application.
Please ensure that required preparation is made before the classes start.
Zoom Setup and Usage Download and Install Zoom on the device(s) to be used for classes:
– For Desktop download Zoom Client for Meetings: (https://zoom.us/download)
– For Android Devices download Zoom Cloud Meetings: (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=us.zoom.videomeetin gs&hl=en_AU)
– For iOS Mobile Devices download Zoom Cloud Meetings: (https://apps.apple.com/au/app/zoom-cloud-meetings/id546505307) Ensure the student has the appropriate setup for having a video class.
This includes: a) A quiet place, so the student can listen to the class.
ADMISSION APPLICATION FEES
All new applicants admission fees of £50.00 must be paid along with your online enrolment application. Please bank transfer or Pay via Online. Reference: Name+Admission Online JKN
ONLINE COURSE FEES
||TOTAL FEE||INSTALMENT AMOUNT|
|Year 1 & 2||£400 each year||or £100 per term|
|Year 3 & 4
||£800 each year||or £200 per term|
|Year 5 & 6
||£1200 each year||or £300 per term|
Term 1 Installment: Monday 6th September 2021
Term 2 Installment: Monday 29th November 2021
Term 3 Installment: Monday 28th February 2022
Term 4 Installment: Monday 23rd May 2022
Course fees can be paid via the following method:
1. Bank Transfer (BACS)
Jamiah Khatamun Nabiyeen
ACCOUNT NO: 70432180
SORT CODE: 20-11-88
Reference: Name+Class+ Online JKN
2. PayPal Direct
Reference: Name + Class+ Online JKN