This is an opportunity for students to study Urdu, Arabic Grammar,Tajweed and then classical Islamic texts in the Urdu Language, coupled with an accompaniment of spiritual development. One of the more important themes to the delivery of this course is not just to be taught specific books related to a science, but the exact science is taught using classical core texts to give students an in depth insight as well as a general and broad understanding to the science as well as an analytical understanding of the approach of the classical Muslim scholars to the science.
The Structure of the Ālim course:
- Urdu Year 1
- Arbi Awwal to Arbi Dowm will focus on basics and intermediate level of Tajweed, Fiqh, Hadith, Aqeedah
- Arbi Sawm to Mishkaat year will be mainly focussed on the detailed study of the Uloom related to Islamic sciences as well as public speaking. This will include:
(i) Advanced Creed (aqeedah) (ii) Exegesis of the Holy Qur’an (Tafsir) (iii) Hadith (iv) Islamic Jurisprudence (Usul al-Fiqh) (v) Islamic Law (Fiqh) (vi) Advanced Principles of Hadith sciences (Usul al-Hadith (vii) Arabic literature and Rhetoric.
- The Final Year will consist of an advanced study of the Six Canonical Ahadeeth books (Sahih Bukhari, Sahih Muslim, Sunan Abu Daoud, Sunan al-Nisa’I, Jami al-Tirmidhi and Sunan Ibn Majah. Students will gain a Sanad if they satisfy the graduation guidelines and criteria, having graduated as an Ālim (Islamic Scholar).
As a general note:
- The course assesses the student in a number of different areas which we feel are important in producing a well rounded student. These are assessed through the process of continuous/summative assessment, a written paper and oral examination at the completion of each year.
- Those students who progress to the final stages of the Ālim course will have a strong grounding in the Arabic language, Islamic sciences and will have attained key skills in leadership, communication and public speaking. The core work will be supplemented with modules that focus on leadership, management and communication skills to produce well rounded students that can deliver Islām in an efficient and professional way acquiring skills in their personal and professional lives, including Imāmat, public speaking, Jumu’ah Khutbahs, lectures and delivering Dars (lessons)
- The students will also be assessed in their spiritual progress as their knowledge develops.
- Our students come from varying backgrounds and multiple nationalities including new Muslims. We aim to benefit all!
- The Institute provides a friendly atmosphere and we consider good teacher/student and student/student relationships an absolute essential.
- All modules are at an affordable price. We also cater for students who have difficulties with fees.